New York -Bangladesh Press Club. At A Glance
New York-Bangladesh Press Club (NYBDPC) is a non-political, non-profitable, non-religious and professional organization. New York-Bangladesh Press Club USA Inc. is an organization of Bangladeshi journalists living in New York and other cities. The New York-Bangladesh Press Club is an association of and for working journalists and media professionals. The club is a private, non-profit organization and is not affiliated with any government office or agency and does not advocate or participate in any political activity.
New York-Bangladesh Press Club will operate across the USA. Journalists, writers and other media workers of Bangladesh origin are eligible for membership of the Club. Journalists, media workers and media personalities of Bangladesh living outside the USA will qualify as associate and life members only. Central committee of the Club shall comprise of journalists working in New York only, where the Club’s headquarter established. Executive Committee may approve branch/branches of the organization in other states or cities of the USA. Subscriptions by members and donations by individuals or organizations will create fund for running the Club.
According to its constitution New York-Bangladesh Press Club has an Executive Committee consists of eleven (11) officials. Out of them there are one President, one General Secretary, one Vice-President, one Joint General Secretary, one Treasurer, one Organizing Secretary, one Publicity Secretary and four Executive members.
The New York-Bangladesh Press Club is a professional organization of members and former members of the news media. It devotes its efforts to meeting the needs and interests of professional journalists and those in related fields, as well as providing public service to the community.
This Bangladeshi Press Club was founded in August , 2008 at Weekly Desh Bangla & Bangla Times office, Jackson Heights, New York. Today, its membership includes professionals from all types of news organizations including the Web, television, radio, daily newspapers, weekly and monthly publications, as well as professionals from the fields of writings, public relations and public affairs.
The principal aim of the Press Club is to build a strong network among Bangladeshi Media Professionals (journalists, editors, reporters, publishers, etc) who are working in the USA.
New York -Bangladesh Press Club works to protect the rights of all reporters while providing networking opportunities for journalists and communications specialists to discuss professional issues and affect change.
New York-Bangladesh Press Club aims to unite the journalists of Bangladesh origin working in the USA and to create an atmosphere of cordiality. Additionally, the club maintains a liaison with various government agencies whose actions directly affect working journalists in such matters as the issuing of Working Press credentials.
The annual New York Press Club Journalism Awards are a long-standing tradition in New York media, honoring excellence in journalism by writers and reporters who are recognized as being among the best in their fields.
The opportunities, professional and otherwise, of membership in the New York Press Club are boundless, regulated only by the enthusiasm and energy of individual members.
Activity of NYBD Press Club includes
- Exchange of ideas about news and views in USA and Bangladesh with people, persons, and organizations.
- Protect the rights of Bangladeshi journalists who are working in the various Bangladeshi community newspapers/media.
- Give reception to visiting journalists, editors, writers, and government officials from Bangladesh.
- Meet and greet local elected officials.
- Provide Bangladeshi community free, honest, accurate and timely information.
- To open the door of mutual assistance and cooperation assimilating all the Bangladesh-origin Media Professionals.
- To maintain and promote friendly relations between the Bangladeshi Media Professionals and with other nationalities living in the USA.
- To convey clear and distinct idea and knowledge to our next generation regarding the tradition, culture, heritage and values of Bangladesh; viz., teaching them Bengali language, directly involve them with the Bangladeshi culture and give them accurate knowledge regarding the value of family bondage of Bangladesh.
- To keep all the Bangladeshis informed about the political, social and economic changes of our country and the world.
- To collect relief and fund (money) for the distressed Media Professionals.
- To motivate the Bangladeshi Media Professionals to directly involve and participate in the social, well being, humanitarian and legal activities of USA.
- To assist and cooperate the Bangladeshi Media Professionals regarding immigration issue.
- To stand beside the newly immigrated Bangladeshi Media Professionals to redress their problems and provide them required suggestions.
- To organize training, seminar, session, discussions to make the Bangladeshi Media Professionals skilled and get better job.
- New York-Bangladesh Press Club works to protect the rights of all reporters while providing networking opportunities for journalists and professional communicators to discuss professional issues and affect change.
- Lectures, panel discussions, newsmaker appearances and other Press Club sponsored functions have covered such topics as threats to freedom of the press, the various threats to investigative reporting, the relationship between the media and government, the role of community newspapers, foreign press coverage, and questions about how the press covers itself. The club also sponsors debates – open to all members and broadcast live – among candidates.
- The New York Press Club provides assistance and support to journalists faced with legal problems about news. Additionally, the club maintains a liaison with various government agencies whose actions directly affect working journalists in such matters as the issuing of Working Press credentials.
- The annual New York Press Club Journalism Awards are a long-standing tradition in New York media, honoring excellence in journalism by writers and reporters who are recognized as being among the best in their fields. The Awards and Installation(annual) Dinner at which the year’s awards are formally presented is a highlight on community and socially.
- Our annual Journalism Conference, traditionally staged in, has long been recognized as the premier event of community. In addition to numerous conference tracks and break-outs that feature respected working journalists, experts and academics, the conference offers other elements of useful interest to all.
- The opportunities of membership in the New York Press Club, professional and otherwise, are boundless – regulated only by the enthusiasm and energy of individual members.
Journalists currently working in print, broadcast or Web news media with at least six months experience in the New York area. Professional journalists of print, broadcast and online media will qualify as primary members of the Club. Primary members shall have the right to participate in all activities of the organization. They are eligible to vote and contest election of the Club. Fee: $60/year.
Journalists and other workers of print, broadcast and online media and writers, and columnists, either working now or had worked previously in the USA or any other part of the world, are eligible to be associate members of the organization. Fee: $90/year.
Journalists and other workers of print, broadcast and online media; and writers, columnists, either working now or had worked previously, and those who are contributing or had contributed significantly to the development of journalism in the USA or any other part of the world, are eligible for being Life Member of the organization, provided two-thirds of the Executive Committee members approve the same. Life members will be inducted through formal ceremonies. Such members will be allowed to participate in all activities and to enjoy all benefits of the Club, except voting for and contesting election.